During 2018, over 19,000 people were served by the 27 United Way partner agencies, representing 2 out of every 5 people in the county. The United Way serves people of all ages, economic statuses, and communities. Allocations are allotted in six focus areas: Children and Youth (15%-$158,000); Seniors (13.5%- $142,000); Families (23.2%-$243,500); People in Crisis (15.6%- $164,000) Health and Well Being (14.4%- $151,000) and Community Initiatives (11.9%-$124,877). Special projects are allotted (5.7%- $59,300) and Student United Way is allotted (1%- 10,000).
Members from every community in Shelby County were served in 2018.
- Anna had over 745 members served
- Botkins over 324 community members served
- Fairlawn over 72 served
- Fort Loramie over 641 community members served
- Hardin-Houston had over 325 served
- Jackson Center had over 366 community members served
- Port Jefferson had 143 members served
- Russia had 260 community members served
- Sidney had 14,161 community members served
99% of all monies raised in the annual campaign designated to the Shelby County United Way stays in Shelby County. Through the seventh week, the campaign total is $783,085. Donors can make payroll contributions with participating employers or make a one time or reoccurring donation by visiting www.shelbycountyunitedway.org or text SHELBY to 40403. Checks may be made payable to Shelby County United Way and mailed to P.O. Box 751, Sidney.
The public is welcome to join us at our finale celebration on November 7th starting at 11:30AM. The event will take place at the Sidney American Legion and reservations are not needed.